Walker Funeral Home
5155 W. Sylvania Avenue
Toledo, OH 43623
Alvin W. Walker opened his first funeral chapel on Monroe Street in 1933, although he had been working in funeral service in North Toledo for years. Because of Alvin’s involvement in the community and the compassion and excellence with which he treated his neighbors, his chapel soon became the area’s leading funeral home.
Charlie Wenner and Ray Feilbach later joined the business – they shared Alvin’s commitment to caring for families after a loss. In time, Alvin opened the Talmadge Park Chapel on Talmadge Road. In 1965, Alvin’s son, Gary, joined the firm and in 1993, his grandson, Keith, came into the family business.
This chapel was relocated to its current Sylvania location in 1995. Beautifully updated, our rooms and chapels are flexible, and can accommodate gatherings of any size. Our foyer is spacious and warm – with an inviting fireplace making guests feel at home and a beautiful chandelier casting warm light. We invite you to come by our flagship Sylvania location any time for a tour.