Robinson-Walker Funeral Home – Genoa
501 West Street
Genoa, OH 43430
In 1901, George H. Burman began providing funeral services from his Main Street furniture store. The funeral home’s current location in Genoa on West Street was built in 1914 as Mr. Burman’s family home. It was common practice at the time for the funeral director to prepare a loved one for visitation in the family’s home.
In the late 1930s, the Burmans remodeled their home, adding areas for funeral services and visitations. Years later, after George Burman died, Mr. Welch purchased the home. After Mr. Welch died, the firm was purchased in 1963 by Mary and Glenn Robinson, who at the time, also owned Robinson-Walker Funeral Home in Oak Harbor. They changed the funeral home’s name to Robinson Funeral Home. They sold the firm to their employees, Donald P. Henn and James W. Brossia, who sold it to Keith and Gary Walker in 2004.
Today, the Robinson-Walker Funeral Home’s homey atmosphere offers comfort to guests attending either large or small gatherings. Our family/children’s room offers respite to Genoa families between the visitation and service, and our large selection room gives them the opportunity to view caskets, urns, and keepsakes in person.