Loading...

Facilities

We strive to make our funeral homes feel like a second home to our families. Our facility has the features to give your family the best services possible, and we hope that it brings you comfort during your time of need.

 


 

Walker Funeral Home

Toledo

Alvin W. Walker opened his first funeral chapel on Monroe Street in 1933, although he had been working in funeral service in North Toledo for years. Because of Alvin’s involvement in the community and the compassion and excellence with which he treated his neighbors, his chapel soon became the area’s leading funeral home.

Charlie Wenner and Ray Feilbach later joined the business – they shared Alvin’s commitment to caring for families after a loss. In time, Alvin opened the Talmadge Park Chapel on Talmadge Road. In 1965, Alvin’s son, Gary, joined the firm and in 1993, his grandson, Keith, came into the family business.

This chapel was relocated to its current Sylvania location in 1995. Beautifully updated, our rooms and chapels are flexible, and can accommodate gatherings of any size. Our foyer is spacious and warm – with an inviting fireplace making guests feel at home and a beautiful chandelier casting warm light. We invite you to come by our flagship Sylvania location any time for a tour.

 


 

Maison-Dardenne-Walker Funeral Home

Maumee

In 1926, this lovely chapel became the first building in Maumee to be designed from the ground up to be funeral home. It was first stabled by the Maison family as The Julian Maison Funeral Home on Conant Street. Eventually, Mr. Maison’s brother-in-law, Rudolph “Rudy” Dardenne came into the business in 1948, forming the Maison-Dardenne Funeral Home. Years later, Rudy’s son, Richard “Dick,” joined the firm. Dick served Maumee families until his retirement in 1989.

A year before his retirement, he merged his family business with Walker Funeral Homes and changed to the current name, Maison-Dardenne-Walker Funeral Home.

Today, the Maison-Dardenne-Walker Funeral Home is completely updated in calm, soothing colors and large windows providing plenty of natural light in our foyer. With comfortable arrangement offices, and an intimate family gathering area with kitchen and flexible gathering rooms, this location meets a family’s every need.

 


 

Robinson-Walker Funeral Home

Oak Harbor

A century ago, it was common for furniture store owners to get into funeral service as well – after all they were the ones building the beautiful wood caskets. This was the case for Hetrick & Son Furniture in downtown Oak Harbor back in the 1920s. The W.H. Hetrick family opened Oak Harbor’s first funeral home in a large Victorian home that was built in the late 1800s on East Water Street.

After World War II, the Hetricks sold the funeral home to Glenn and Mary Robinson, who also provided ambulance service to the community and sounded the fire alarms in the community for many years. Later, they purchased the Cecil Welch Funeral Home in Genoa. In 1985, they sold the funeral home to their employees, Donald P. Henn and James W. Brossia. In 1989, Gary Walker – the son of our founder – purchased the firm, bringing the Walker family tradition of service to Oak Harbor.

Intimate and traditionally decorated, our Robinson-Walker Funeral Home is the perfect choice for families who want that mixture of old-world charm with modern conveniences.

 


 

Gerner-Wolf-Walker Funeral Home

Port Clinton

Richard and Julia Gerner founded this funeral home in Port Clinton in 1885 after operating a furniture store and undertaking business. Their nephew, William F. Wolf, joined the firm in 1917, and he inherited the funeral home years later. He was ultimately joined by his sons, Richard and James. After years of dedicated service, the chapel was purchased in 1999 by Jim and Stephania Brossia of the Robinson-Henn-Brossia Funeral Home. They renamed the business Gerner-Wolf-Brossia Funeral Home and added over 10,000 square feet of exquisite décor. This made it not just the largest funeral home in Port Clinton, but one of the largest in all of Northwest Ohio. When the Brossias retired in 2004, they sold the family business to Gary and Keith Walker.

 


 

Sujkowski-Walker Funeral Home

Rossford

The heritage of this location extends back to 1888, when William C. Sujkowski opened a furniture store in North Toledo. After making caskets for some time, the business became a funeral home, and a second location was added in 1920 in South Toledo. William C.’s son, William K., and grandsons, Eugene and Valentine, eventually joined the business. After Eugene died in 1978, the business was moved to Airport Hwy in South Toledo where it remains today, and Eugene Jr. and his wife, Marcia, took the reins. In 1983, the fifth generation joined: Eugene Jr.’s sons, Brian and Mark, and in 2018 the 6th generation entered when Brian’s daughter, Ashley, became a licensed funeral director. Eugene Jr. remained involved in the funeral home until his death in 2014. In 2018, the family sold the business to Keith Walker.

Today, this location has two spacious viewing rooms, two comfortable chapels, and a roomy foyer with an inviting fireplace. Families can make use of the in-house organ for traditional funeral services and will find our family lounges and ample parking convenient.

 


 

Robinson-Walker Funeral Home

Genoa

In 1901, George H. Burman began providing funeral services from his Main Street furniture store. The funeral home’s current location in Genoa on West Street was built in 1914 as Mr. Burman’s family home. It was common practice at the time for the funeral director to prepare a loved one for visitation in the family’s home.

In the late 1930s, the Burmans remodeled their home, adding areas for funeral services and visitations. Years later, after George Burman died, Mr. Welch purchased the home. After Mr. Welch died, the firm was purchased in 1963 by Mary and Glenn Robinson, who at the time, also owned Robinson-Walker Funeral Home in Oak Harbor. They changed the funeral home’s name to Robinson Funeral Home. They sold the firm to their employees, Donald P. Henn and James W. Brossia, who sold it to Keith and Gary Walker in 2004.

Today, the Robinson-Walker Funeral Home’s homey atmosphere offers comfort to guests attending either large or small gatherings. Our family/children’s room offers respite to Genoa families between the visitation and service, and our large selection room gives them the opportunity to view caskets, urns, and keepsakes in person.

Walker Funeral Home
Phone: (419) 841-2422
5155 W. Sylvania Avenue, Toledo, OH 43623

Maison-Dardenne-Walker Funeral Home
Phone: (419) 893-7686
501 Conant Street, Maumee, OH 43537

Robinson-Walker Funeral Home – Oak Harbor
Phone: (419) 898-3011
165 East Water Street, Oak Harbor, OH 43449

Gerner-Wolf-Walker Funeral Home
Phone: (419) 732-3121
216 Washington Street, Port Clinton, OH 43452

Sujkowski-Walker Funeral Home
Phone: (419) 666-1566
830 Lime City Road, Rossford, OH 43460

Robinson-Walker Funeral Home – Genoa
Phone: (419) 855-4010
501 West Street, Genoa, OH 43430


© Walker Funeral Homes & Crematory
Supported by SRS Computing and TA